- Conditions of use
- Data protection policy
- Notice of liability
Conditions of use
- The use of your data
- Landlord Screen membership
- Duty of care pertaining to user data
- Posting of content
- Accuracy and defamation
- Accessing the site
- Intellectual property rights
- User rights of Landlord Screen
- General conditions of use
- Ending/cancellation of your Landlord Screen membership
- Liability, indemnity
- Closing provisions
- Contact information
1. The use of your data
Landlord Screen collects, saves and uses your data for the purposes of the provision of this offer only.
If Landlord Screen should want to use your data for other purposes, this will only take place with your prior agreement (consent). If saving your data should no longer be required, e.g. if you end your membership, all of your personal data will be deleted.
This Application is using location data, which your device provides with the Location Service API. The data is only used to display Places in your surroundings. The location Data is not stored or forwarded.
Go to top
2. Landlord Screen membership
- Membership of Landlord Screen is free of charge.
- Anyone who is aged 16 years of age or over can be a Landlord Screen member.
- Your Landlord Screen membership starts with our email confirming your registration.
- When you register, you are obliged to provide Landlord Screen with correct and complete information about your identity. This data always has to be up-to-date during your membership and you are responsible for informing us of any changes to such details.
- Your Landlord Screen membership is personal to you and cannot be transferred to another person.
- Only one Landlord Screen membership is authorised per person.
- Landlord Screen reserves the right to impose temporary limits on the Landlord Screen service to carry out maintenance work and further developments.
Go to top
3. Duty of care pertaining to user data
You are responsible for all content which is published under your membership. If you become a member you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your membership. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password you use to access the Site is kept confidential and secure.
Go to top
4. Posting of content
As a Landlord Screen member, you have a wide range of different possibilities for participating in the Site and for the setting and placing of content.
Please also note that the placing and setting of the following content on the Site is not permitted:
- content that is racist, pornographic, obscene, offensive, vulgar or invasive of privacy; content that glorifies or downplays violence, or content which contravenes moral and ethical standards;
- content which impairs or endangers the development or upbringing of children or young people, or which contravene human dignity or other valued legally protected interests;
- content which is able to incite other persons into criminal actions or other actions which contravene moral and ethical standards;
- abusive or offensive statements;
- threats to other members, service providers or third parties;
- defamatory criticism, slander, offensive statements, lies or incorrect information;
- content which contravenes the intellectual property rights or confidentiality of third parties;
- copied content over which you have no rights;
- content which presents a security risk, for instance, computer viruses or “spam”;
- links to websites with content that contravene current legislation, is inappropriate to young people, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- names, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses with the exception of those pertaining to the user's personal profile; or
- unauthorised advertising of a particular thing, such as raffles, discount campaigns or sales in the form of events.
As a Landlord Screen member you are authorised to write reviews. In addition to the restrictions above, the following rules apply to the reviews:
- content must pertain to the service provider/event which is to be reviewed;
- content must correspond with reality;
- content must be factual and accurate;
- only places, services or events may be reviewed which are possible to experience;
- negative reviews are permitted but they must be expressed in terms of fact;
- no derogatory terminology may be used;
- content which has been initiated by service providers/company owners (including employees) themselves are only permitted as self-expression and must be clearly indicated as such;
- persons who are either related to or are a co-worker of a service provider may only evaluate the corresponding company if they publicise this relationship.
- the stating of email addresses, URLs or telephone numbers for advertising purposes is not allowed;
- straightforward advertisements (concealed or open) are not permitted without our written permission;
- rumours, content based upon rumour, or the unconfirmed statements of other persons are not permitted;
- any branch of a company may only be stated as a location on Landlord Screen once;
- content must comply with any guidelines issues or made available to you from us; and
- content may not contain personal data other than that provided as part of the member’s profile.
Landlord Screen reserves the right to remove or edit any content at any time without notice or explanation.
Go to top
5. Accuracy and defamation
We make no representation or warranty that any information on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on such information by you or anyone to whom you communicate such information.
We operate on a notice and takedown basis. If you believe that any content on the Site contains a defamatory statement, please notify us in writing at the address set out below. Once this procedure has been followed we will use reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
You acknowledge that we do not always monitor content submitted by members, but that Landlord Screen shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content (in relation to which Landlord Screen cannot and does not provide any guarantees).
Go to top
6. Accessing the site
We cannot guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device.
We reserve the right to change the Site or any part of it at any time without prior notice. We may suspend access to the Site in order to implement any updates or changes.
We reserve the right to impose limitations on access to the whole or part of the Site at any time without prior notice.
Go to top
7. Intellectual property rights
You may download information from the Site for your own personal non-commercial use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trade mark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
Go to top
8. User rights of Landlord Screen
When posting content and/or with the placing of your photo on the Site, with regard to this content, you give Landlord Screen the non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right, unlimited by either time or region, to use the content and the photo along with the user name which you have chosen.
You agree to be found in a member search using criteria such as sex, age and other public profile information that you have supplied to Landlord Screen, unless you specifically disallow this in your account's privacy options.
Landlord Screen does not have to pay you any fee for the granting of the user rights described here.
You warrant that:
- you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post;
- to the extent that content includes photographs or other visual images, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of the subject of such photograph or other visual image (or in the case of persons under the age of 18 their parent or guardian);
- use of the content will not cause injury to any person or entity; and
- the content is not defamatory.
You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against us or our affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach by you of the warranties referenced above.
Go to top
9. General conditions of use
Go to top
10. Ending/cancellation of your Landlord Screen membership
You are permitted to cancel your membership of Landlord Screen at any time without having to provide or comply with a period of notice. Landlord Screen is authorised to cancel your Landlord Screen membership at any time without having to provide or comply with a period of notice.
After deletion of your user account, Landlord Screen reserves the right to keep and use any content which you have previously posted on the Site, such as reviews, comments, etc. This content might be shown without the user name and be displayed as content by a deleted user.
Go to top
11. Liability, indemnity
Although it is our intention that this Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or conditions in relation to this Site or its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
If you are a consumer and not a business user, we shall not be liable to you for any business losses and shall only be liable for any losses which are reasonably foreseeable.
We may provide hyperlinks from this Site to other internet sites which are operated by other organisations. We are not responsible for external websites that link to this Site or which are linked from it. That we include these hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators.
We reserve the right at our discretion to prohibit any link from another internet site to materials or information on this Site. Without prejudice to that right, any link to material or information on this Site for which you are responsible must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate http://landlordscreen.co.uk/ as the destination of the link.
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liability caused by us that cannot, under English law, be excluded.
Go to top
12. Closing provisions
Any formal legal notices should be sent to us at the address set out below by email and confirmed by post.
Go to top
13. Contact information
If you need to contact us at any time, please feel free to contact your Landlord Screen membership management service by email at: email@example.com
Go to top
Go to top
Data protection policy
1. Google Analytics
Technology from the company Google Analytics (www.google.com/analytics) is used on this website to collate and store data anonymously for marketing and optimisation purposes. These data is used to create pseudonym user profiles. To this end, cookies may be used to collate and store data in a solely anonymous form. The data will not be used to identify any visitor to this website and will not be kept with information about the bearer of the pseudonym. The data collation and storage can be vetoed at any time with effect for the present and the future.
Landlord Screen uses a social plug-in from Facebook to run the Like button. This plug-in is run by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
The plug-in can be identified by the Facebook logo. Whenever a Landlord Screen page containing the Like button is accessed, the browser will establish a connection to a server from Facebook. The social plug-in is sent to the browser, and then is shown within the Landlord Screen page. Landlord Screen has no direct influence on the content of the plug-in.
Facebook can identify when Landlord Screen’s pages are accessed only if the user is both registered with Landlord Screen and logged into Facebook. When the Like button is clicked, the information is transmitted to and processed by Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to see when you access certain pages on Landlord Screen, please log out of Facebook and delete your cookies before you use Landlord Screen.
Go to top
Cookies are small text files stored in your device when you access most websites on the internet.
Please note that preventing cookies is likely to impact the functionality or performance of this Site, or prevent you from using certain services provided through it. If you choose to do so, we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through this Site or be sure how this Site will perform during your visit. Doing so will also affect our ability to update this Site to cater for user preferences and improve its performance.
The types of cookies we currently use on this Site are set out below. The cookie categories are based on the category definitions contained in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to move around this Site and use its features and/or services. These cookies allow this Site to provide services at the request of users.
This Site use strictly necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to this Site
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works
Performance cookies allow us to update this Site to cater for Site user preferences and improve performance. They collect information about how this Site is used, e.g. which pages users visit most often and where error messages are delivered. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies individuals. All information is anonymous.
This Site use performance cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how this Site is used (including selections that you have made and cities' information that you have viewed, during your use of this Site)
- Gather non-user specific technical data regarding usage of this Site and provide statistics on how our Site is used
- Ensure users are shown specific tooltips only once
- Track Site user activity in respect of affiliate links (including recording purchases or registrations performed through links from affiliated sites) and report such activity to our affiliates (for payment purposes and to allow them to improve their websites)
- Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products bought. This lets our partners improve their website, but we don't allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising
- Help us improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our Site
Functional cookies allow this Site to remember choices you make, e.g. your user name, log in details and language preferences, and any customisations you make to Site pages during your visit. They are necessary to provide features and services specific to individual users.
This Site use functional cookies to:
- Show you when you're logged in to the Site
- Publish relevant content based on the type of content you have agreed to view
- Where selected by a user, provide enhanced log-in functionality (keeping users logged in despite navigating away from the Site)
- Ensure users are only actively asked once to register or log in to the Site
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our Site. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose
|Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests, to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Third party cookies are used on this Site for the purposes of tailoring the advertising content on our Site during your visit. More information about these third party cookies and how to prevent these cookies is set out in the Further Information Section below.
This Site uses targeting/advertising cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
Further general information about cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
For further information about Google Analytics please see http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
To prevent being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Notice of Liability
Despite careful monitoring, we cannot accept liability for the content of external links. The operators of the linked websites carry sole responsibility for their content.
Go to top